Predictive Analytics translates Big Data into meaningful, usable business information. Numerous techniques can be used for Predictive Analytics but there are 10 that lead the way. The Data Warehousing Institute surveyed 373 companies to analyse what are the most used Predictive Analytics models and algorithms. The result is:
Decision trees and linear regression are the most common. Both methods are relatively easy to understand and straightforward. Linear regression,widely used in statistics, tries to model the relationship between variables by fitting a line to the observed data.… Read
This is a very common misconception about Predictive Analytics. Many people think they do not have enough data to do Predictive Analytics. But the reality is all companies store data in one way or another. If you have data, you can do Predictive Analytics. It does not matter if you have a Data Warehouse, a Data Base or raw text files. Also, do worry about the amount of data.
Tip #1: quantity is not quality
Even companies with a huge amount of data need to break it into smaller pieces.… Read
After you Generate a Forecast Report and wait for the forecast period ending, you can request the comparison of the forecasts and results.
In your “Forecast history” page, find the report you want to compare results with. Its status is “request result”. Click on the table line.
You will be redirected to “Edit forecast” page.
All form fields are read only. Click on “Step3: Request result”.
All data will be collect, spited and sent to Get4Cast’s servers to be processed.
In a couple of minutes you will be able to check the forecast and results comparison.… Read
We process the payments with Stripe technology. It is simple, very secure and accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
Check payment statuses:
- waiting: this is the first payment status after you request a forecast report. Open your forecast report or follow the instructions sent to your email to pay the forecast report.
- fail: you were not charged. Something went wrong while processing the payment. The possible reasons are: a temporary network instability, a temporary downtime in Stripe service or inconsistent credit card information.
Check the details about each report status:
- receiving data: by the moment you click on request forecast button, your data will start being transfered to our servers. Your forecast report will be “receiving data” for a few seconds, until all data is transferred.
- requested: it means all data has been received and your report was successfully requested. In a couple of minutes it will processed.
- extracting raw data: all data are being extracted and prepared to be processed.
- forecast queue: once the data is ready, it is time to wait for the forecast process.
Delete source code
Execute the following commands in your SSH terminal.
rm -fr app/code/community/Get4Cast
rm -fr js/get4cast
Delete Database entries
Execute the following commands in your MySQL terminal.… Read
Humans are unpredictable
Forecasters do their best. They use complex mathematical models, they fit the data with the best technique. They consider the largest possible number of variables. But remember: no one can predict the human behavior.
We find tendency, the most likely way. But no prediction is perfect. Do not trust blindly any data.
Knowing the future you already changed it
Once you know what may happen, there is a tendency to: go to that way or avoid it. This is an instinctive natural process.… Read
If you followed the instruction in How to generate a Forecast Report and the Sales Forecast for Magento extension was not installed. Or you are unable to Generate a Forecast Report. Follow these steps.
Enable Magento Log
- Log into your Magento Admin Backend;
- Go to System, Configuration;
- Click on “Developer” in the left side menu pane;
- Open the “Log Settings” section;
- Change the “Enabled” to “Yes”;
- Click “Save Config”.
Open e analyze the file var/log/system.log in your Magento folder. Search for “G4C-MAG” string and check if theres an error description.… Read
Get4Cast Company did. Get4Cast provides Predictive Analytics solutions and developed the extension Sales Forecast for Magento.
Check the Installation Guide, session “Get Sales Forecast for Magento source code” .
Follow this link: Installation Guide.
Follow this link: Uninstallation Guide.
Follow this link: How to generate a Forecast Report.… Read